Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm Back, Baby!

Wow - it has been forever since I have posted anything!  Maybe that's because I've been a LITTLE busy this year!  Since my last posting the majority of a school year has passed, several holidays have come and gone (of which projects from said holidays will be posted shortly!) and best of all - my hubby and I have had another baby boy!  Hence, I am at home on maternity leave, therefore have a little extra time (while our 4 year old is at preschool) to get on here and update my blog!  Check out my updated blog pic, to the left, of me with my beautiful boys!

OK, so I am going to be backtracking on the next few posts to show pics of projects I did over these past few holidays.  I'll probably be going out of order as well, since I don't have all my pics readily handy at this moment!  SO, we'll start with Christmas!  This past Christmas I joined in my first Secret Sister Christmas swap on Two Peas.  These are a few pics of the goodies I created and sent to my partner.  I had sooo much fun doing this project and can't wait to do it again next year!










I recently completed another Christmas project that had been a long time in the making.  Not that it was a difficult project (it was super easy peasy!), I just never got around to it until now! For the past few years I have been saving the photo greeting cards we get from our friends and loved ones at Christmas and have just had them stashed away in a box or a drawer somewhere.  So after seeing the idea somewhere (probably on Pinterest - lol!) I decided to make a cutesy little book to put them in and that I can add additional cards to in the years to come.  So I took some chipboard I had and traced and cut out two bracket covers.  I covered them, inside and out, with my FAVE paper from My Mind's Eye, embellished the front and inside covers and pulled it all together with a couple of rings bought from our local office supply store.  SO easy and now I can set it out at Christmas and we and our guests can flip through it and see how everyone has changed over the years!  Here's a few pics of this project:








So these are just a couple of projects I've done over the past few months.  I have plenty more to post about, so be sure to come back in the next few days to check out some of my other goodies!



No comments:

Post a Comment